Monday, May 4, 2009
Quest for the Best Honors Students, Faculty, Staff
Ten students and nine faculty members were recognized during the annual Student Affairs event.
This year's "Quest for the Best" Award winners span the spectrum at SDSU, from biology majors to double majors in communication and Spanish.
And this year's faculty and staff winners are no different, with honorees in academic departments, advising and in Student Affairs.
This year's winners
This year's Quest for the Best student, faculty and staff members include:
- Fiyinfluwa Ani, biology major, and Estralita Martin, College of Sciences
- Rex Brown Jr., management major, and Christine Probett, Department of Information and Decision Systems
- Nancy E. Calderon, psychology and political science double major, and Beth Crawford, Educational Opportunity Program/Ethnic Affairs
- Alexander Chavez, international business and economics double major, and Elizabeth Alvarado, Educational Opportunity Program/Ethnic Affairs
- Gene Gonzaga, psychology and biology double-major, and Barbara Huntington, Preprofessional Health Advising
- Stephanie Hubbell, speech language and hearing sciences major, and Tracy Love, School of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
- Diana Lazo, biology major, and Shelli McAlpine, Department of Chemistry
- Lakeisha Nacoste, nursing major, and Beth Crawford, Educational Opportunity Program/Ethnic Affairs
- Anastacia Tobin, psychology major, and Emilio Ulloa, Department of Psychology
- Tracie Ugamoto, communication and Spanish double major, and Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Associated Students
About Quest for the Best
The "Quest for the Best" Award started on campus 23 years ago by the vice president for Student Affairs.
Today, James Kitchen, vice president for Student Affairs, continues the tradition of the "Quest for the Best" Awards to acknowledge the outstanding achievements of students and the faculty and staff members who have had a significant contribution to their personal growth.
This award honors not only student leaders, but also faculty and staff members for their dedication, mentorship and genuine concern for the success of their students. As part of the program, faculty and staff members are also honored for their commitment to the development of our students.
The "Quest for the Best" gala banquet was held on April 24 at KPBS Studios. The ceremony was attended by winning students, special guests of each winner and faculty/staff honorees.
For more information
For information regarding "Quest for the Best" contact Robyn Adams, interim assistant director of Student Life and Leadership, at email@example.com.