Associated Students hosts candidate forum on Sept. 25 and other events through Election Day.
From the presidential election to California’s Prop. 30, the votes cast on Nov. 6 will have wide-ranging ramifications. To highlight the importance of this year’s Election Day, Associated Students of SDSU will host a variety of Rock the Vote events on campus in addition to registering voters.
Rock the Vote events are free and open to the public, and include:
- Noon, Sept. 25, Hepner Hall: National Voter Registration Day will feature a candidate forum that includes Marty Block and George Plescia, candidates for 39th State Senate District, and Shirley Weber, candidate for the 79th State Assembly District.
- Noon, Oct. 31, Hepner Hall: Student issues debate featuring Aztecs for Obama, Aztec Debate Team and College Republicans.
- Noon, Nov. 1, Hepner Hall: Student rally featuring student organizations and performers that will focus on budget cuts, the tax initiative and the importance of voting.
- Nov. 5: Pre-Election Day celebration featuring a musical performance. More details will be available via the A.S. Facebook and Twitter profiles.
- 7 a.m. – 8 p.m., Nov. 6, PPG Alumni Center: Election Day poll site at the PPG Alumni Center.
About Associated Students
Associated Students is an independent, student-directed, non-profit corporation that is one of the largest student governance organizations in the California State University system. As an affiliate of San Diego State University, the programs and facilities A.S. manages are enjoyed by students, faculty, staff and the San Diego community.
Visit the A.S. website
for more information about A.S. services and programs.